This is a Netgear Router Setup and Login Process to users who are looking for a guide on how to a login WiFi router. Most of the router security recommendations are made to secure a router from online threats, like those which successfully compromised more than 300, 00 under protected routers. Of course, many nearby attackers are likely to gain an access to your home network; you need not overlook it. It is an important part of the router configuration.
Various routers are available with a configuration to make use of the convenient, but insecure Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) protocol. This protocol is very helpful to connect to your home network by giving the details of the security PIN, but flaws in the system. These flaws can make it trivial for an attacker to discover the correct PIN and have an access to your network.
Disable the WPS for Netgear Router Setup:
It is highly recommended to disable the WPS on all devices. There are different ways to do it with different types of routing device. Like, if your router uses the NETGEAR genie software, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, select the wireless option from the navigation panel.
- Once you do it, you will see the wireless settings. At the bottom, you should seek a WPS Settings option.
- In case, if it is found, you need to clear the check-box, which is next to Enable Router’s PIN.
- Now, last but not least, you need to click on the ‘Apply’ button located at the top and then wait for the settings of the device to reload.
In another case, if the router uses the Smart Wizard app or software, It is important to proceed with the below steps:
- Firstly, Select the Wireless Settings, which is situated under the ‘Advanced’ heading Settings.
- Now, you need to scroll to the bottom and find the section of the WPS Settings.
- When you are doing it, you need to make sure that you have checked the Disable Router’s PIN.
- Now, click on the ‘Apply’ button, in order to change the settings and make it save.
Netgear Router Setup Process:
When it comes to the Netgear router setup, there are many things, which are important to clear out before getting started with the configuration setup. The steps are mentioned below, which can help you in going in the right manner:
- First of all, connect your modem to the Netgear internet port and your computer to a LAN port, choose any of them.
- You need to switch off the devices, like a router, computer, and broadband or cable modem and then make them ON again. It is good to wait for them so that they can finish the booting process.
- Now, open a browser and type of the IP address of the router, which is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 Now, you need to type in the address bar and then click on ‘Enter.’
- After, You need to click on the Setup Wizard. Now, You will see the Setup Wizard screen.
- Click on the Yes and then choose the Next option. It will detect the kind of internet connection, and then it detects Dynamic IP.
- Click Next to save the router settings.
- Choose Router status under the tab of the maintenance.
NETGEAR Router with DD-WRT Firmware:
Based on the author’s experience, the suitable Netgear access point (AP) address is upgraded to DD-WRT, is Netgear WRT54GL, in addition to the AP type, it is likely to fail a massive update, so do not try to upgrade your firmware without the knowledge and experience.
New WiFi Router Setup Documentation can be found at www.192.168.l.254
To upgrade DD-WRT firmware, first step download first firmware DD-WRT on its website: www.dd-wrt.com, choose the version you want, you should select the mini version first, for the sake of your Netgear device, after downloaded on your computer, you go to web configuration Netgear WRT54GL, you go to administration section, column upgrade firmware and do upgrade.
Remember during the process of upgrading DD-WRT Firmware, lets the power connection is turned off or on, consequently if this happens it will damage your Netgear, after the Upgrade Successfully message, you do the Reset process, to be more stable, then after reset, do re-upgrade by using a standard firmware, remember once again after the upgrade is complete or successful, do Reset for the second time. So the scenario DD-WRT Firmware upgrade process, in other posts we will discuss some features DD-WRT.