Do you know that changing the password of your WiFi is very important? Well, If you have not changed it yet, do it now.
This is only because of the poor security issues which can out your personal things at stake. Not only once, but you should keep it changing on regular basis. It is also very essential that the password should not be shared with anyone. And no neighbors can even use up your bandwidth and you can make it useful or yourself. If you have not done yet on how to change WiFi password, then you must need guidance, right? So keeping in mind about it, I have shared this how to change WiFi password article with you.
How to Change WiFi Password Easily on Your Home and Office Network?
- The first step that you have to do is to open the configuration page.
- In case you are not able to open the page, connect with the Ethernet cable with the router.
- I would also share some of the common IP address for the configuration page: 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254 or 192.168.2.1. you can enter the IP address into the address bar.
- Even you can find some of the routers which come with the configuration software.
- If it is already installed, then that can be used instead of the opening of the configuration page.
- Next, You have to enter the admin username and the password.
- This would help you to get the access.
- If you have not changed it before then you must have to give the original or the default username and the password.
- The username and password are different from one model to another and for systems too.
- After you logged into the system, you need to go to the settings, there you will find the wireless network.
- Through this tab, You can easily change the essential things about the wifi.
- The wireless section is having many different subsections too. In that case, open up the wireless security page.
- It would take you to the designated page.
- There is a box which would help you to get the altered or the new password.
- This would be the one which will want the old password first and then the new one.
- Again a confirmation would be required with the new password.
- Hence this would allow you to change the password of the wifi.
Some tips for How to Change WiFi Password:
Remember you should enter 8 characters passwords which should be a combination of the alphabets and the sign too. This is considered to be the strong password. Well then don’t forget to the security type too. There are three type of wireless encryption and you have to choose among them the WPA2. This is the strongest secured network.
Well, don’t forget to change the network name too. If you are here to do it then this should also be done. It is also necessary. The default name is easier to hack and is less secured too. After doing all this you have to save all the changes. For that click on the button save details on the page. This would enable the saving of the details of the changed items. If you forget to do this, it would not save the changes and the new password would not be functional. So don’t forget about it.
At last, You have to restart the entire system and try to log in with the new password. If this is successful, then you have successfully changed the username and the password of your wifi router.
Hope these steps on how to change WiFi password would be helping you a lot. Follow them accurately and you would not get any obstruction. This would be much easier now. In case you have some, share with us to get it solved.